Acuity is based in Sheboygan, Wisconsin. They are owned by Acuity Group. About half Acuity Insurance’s business is workers’ compensation and commercial auto liability. They also offer homeowners, personal, crime, excess liability and umbrella, general liability, and inland marine coverage through a network of independent insurance agents. They operate in ND, SD, NE, MN, IA, MO, WI, IL, MI, IN, OH, KY, and TN.
Acuity Insurance writes over $600 million in premium and manages over $1 billion in assets. Named one of the Top 100 Companies to Work For by Fortune Magazine, Acuity employs more than 700 people. Acuity is rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best and A by Standard & Poor’s (01/01/2005). Their five largest states of business are Wisconsin (46.8%), Illinois (13.5%), Minnesota (8.9%), Ohio (6.4%), and Iowa (5.9%).
Comparison of Auto Insurance Carriers & Brokers
|Carrier Name||Buy Online?||States||Multiple Quotes?||Local Agents?||AM Best||S&P|
|Insureme*||No||50||Yes – with return phone call||Yes||NR*||NR*|
* Insurance brokers are not rated by S&P or AM Best.
- Acuity Insurance services ND, SD, NE, MN, IA, MO, WI, IL, MI, IN, OH, KY, & TN
- State Farm services all states
- Allstate services all states
- Progressive services all states
- Esurance services only AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, MD, MI, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, PA, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI, & MN
- Mercury services only AZ, CA, FL, GA, IL, MI, NJ, NY, NV, OK, PA, TX, & VA
- Answer Financial services all states
- Insureme services all states
- Insweb services all states
- NetQuote services all states except for NJ, HI & MA