Problems insuring classic or collector cars
- The insurers will only recognize the trade in or market value of the vehicle (not your full appraisal or purchase price).
- Special after market or hard to find items may not be replaceable or covered.
- Claims are determined by an adjuster who is working for the insurance carrier (not you)
- Your standard car insurance carrier may not cover a modified vehicle, or one that has been improved for performance or looks.
- Some insurance carriers simply may not insure your car if it’s older than a certain year
- The auto insurer may not give you the large discount for mileage you’re entitled to, especially if you rarely drive the car.